Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuel pump
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:11 pm 

I have a 1983 Duke 28 It quit starting yesterday and is not getting gas. Mine has one fuel tank. I've seen some discussions that they have a electric An mechanical fuel pumps. Does mine have two an if so where is the electric pump an if so where would the fuse an power be for it. Want to make sure it's notbthe electric one before replacing the mechanical one.

Post subject: Re: Fuel pump
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:22 pm 

If it has an auxiliary fuel pump, there should be a switch on the dash. I've not seen another Revcon without one, but who knows. The fuel pump is located above the rear axles, and can be a bit of a pain to get to. There is normally a panel that needs to be removed to get to it. The fuel pump is only a helper pump, so when the switch it off, there is a bypass that reroutes the fuel around the pump. The coach should run fine without it, unless the pump is not working, but fuel is trying to be pulled through the pump. There are also fuel filters back at the tank, so that could also be the problem.

Now having said all this, I'm only assuming your tank is behind the rear axle. If the tank is up front, all bets are off as to if it has an electric pump, and if so, where its location is. My guess would be no pump, as the tank is near the engine. I would still bet it has a fuel filter near the tank, so one would need to check for that and make sure it is not clogged.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817