Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:31 am 

Hi. I have attached a diagram from the manual, Figure 193 showing the fuel pump and fuel gauge switch. I am failing to get fuel at the engine. I am trying to identify the location of the components in the diagram.

On the lower right of the diagram, there is a FUEL PUMP SWITCH with a 12v feed. Does anyone know where that switch is located? Is the Fuel Pump fused separately or is it just on the ignition fuse?

Just above that is the SWITCH ON GAUGE PANEL. It shows a 12v IGN feed.

The switch on the dash has Two Pink wires, Two Red wires, and One Orange wire. The fuel gauge does show the levels in the fuel tanks respectively. Elimination would leave that at least one of the red or one of the pink ones should have 12v. Does anyone know which one of these wires should have a 12V supply on it?

Thank you.
Richard

Attachments:
FuelElectricalSystem.jpg
FuelElectricalSystem.jpg [ 155.97 KiB | Viewed 20852 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:50 am 

Sorry for the delayed reply. The fuel pump switch is normally on the dashboard right next to the tank switch. The only fuse I am aware of is the ignition. If your fuel system is done the same as my '83, having the fuel pump powered or not should have no affect on fuel delivery under normal operating conditions. When the fuel pump is shut off, there is a bypass around the pump, so fuel will still get to the pump on the engine. The purpose of the pump is an auxiliary pump to prevent vapor lock, or to fill that carb after the vehicle has sat for an extended period of time. The pump is under floor between the axles, and can be heard when standing over the top of it. Normally it is not needed.

If you are having fuel delivery problems, I would suggest driving the rear axle up on planks to raise the axles enough to get underneath them. Pull the cover that is above the axles and have a look around. There should be a couple of fuel filters that are likely clogged. You can then confirm the fuel switches, as you will hear them click when the switch is flipped on the dash. You will also see the pump and the bypass, and can pull hoses to test flow if need be.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:23 am 

Thought I would share the solution. If you come across a revcon with two fuel selection valves, chances are the second 2 to 1 valve was installed instead of a simple checkvalve. I should have known I would find trouble when I found the fuel pump switch on the dash.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 am 

Which valve?
Mine had a single valve with two sets of two into one. One set fed the engine, and the other was the return to the tank.
For the pump, there was a single one into two valve before the pump, and a T after the pump. The off state of the valve, actually blocked flow, so the fuel would be prevented from feeding back around the pump.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817