Revcon Forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner support system for the Revcon Motorcoach
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:02 pm 

Hello, total newbie here. Just got an '82 that's been sitting for years. The transmission failed due to a leaking cooling line and was rebuilt, less than a couple thousand miles ago, according to the P.O. Its now leaking badly into the transfer case. I suspect the shop didn't use the proper seals between the trans and transfer case. I haven't pulled the t-case yet, I'm trying to gather info and part.numbers first and am having difficulty finding said info. Who's dealt with this before? I've read some threads on 4WD chevy truck forums that describe a similar problem, and asking transmission professionals doesn't always result in the proper answer.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 am 

Hi, Just wondering if you ever found a solution for your transfer case leak.
My '79 is doing the same thing. I am planning a trip later in the spring and would love to have this resolved.
Thanks for your help.
zano650 wrote:
Hello, total newbie here. Just got an '82 that's been sitting for years. The transmission failed due to a leaking cooling line and was rebuilt, less than a couple thousand miles ago, according to the P.O. Its now leaking badly into the transfer case. I suspect the shop didn't use the proper seals between the trans and transfer case. I haven't pulled the t-case yet, I'm trying to gather info and part.numbers first and am having difficulty finding said info. Who's dealt with this before? I've read some threads on 4WD chevy truck forums that describe a similar problem, and asking transmission professionals doesn't always result in the proper answer.....

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:15 pm 

FYI, If anyone is looking for the seals for the trans/ transfer case. Here are the SKF #'s: 19360 and 19301.