Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Front Seat wanted
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:43 am 

I’d like to buy or trade for a dual front passenger seat for my flat nose Revcon-hoping!

Post subject: Re: Front Seat wanted
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:28 pm 

I do not have such a seat, but thought to add some info here that could be useful. This year the front buckets in my '84 Slant-nose King required replacement from serious degradation of the fabric and other issues. They were more of a posh affair than practical as designed. Looking to replace them there were several issues. First was that folding armrests were on the original seats, and quite advisable to have on replacement buckets. The seats and the six-way power seat mechanism are separate devices with the seat bolted on top, so that only the bare seat needs changing and not the power mechanism. The control switch is remotely mounted into the side of the seat, and can be easily mounted onto a new seat.

It's best to source seats at a self-serve auto wrecker to allow searching for suitable types (and to lower the cost). I found that the most suitable were rear seats of passenger mini-vans, early 2000 Honda Odyssey (second row) in particular was my choice. I was able to remove the strap steel mounts from the old Revcon seat with an angle grinder, re-orient them side-to-side, then drill them to adapt the new seat to the power-seat mechanism. Spacers were re-used to angle the seat higher at the front. Your results may vary.

Revcon front bucket seat belts mount to the floor and will work okay with new buckets. Minivan seats come out easily, and then the original heavy duty mount and seat belt mechanism needs to be removed prior to installing. For your flat-nose dual seating arrangement, some minivans have double seats with required built in seat belts. There are also also some Toyota mini-van rear seats with folding recliner leg support built in that are great, although they are from more recent models and more $$. These Odyssey seats cost me $40 each, are very comfortable, and quite attractive.