Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PLEASE NOTE - All new users are required to make an introductory post in this forum within seven (7) days of account establishment, this is a one-time requirement to complete your user validation. Thanks and welcome aboard!

Post subject: New to forum
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:53 am 

Hi, I own a 1972 250D that I purchased 2 years ago. It’s in great shape aside from some wiring problems and the sewage lines stuck. I was hoping to get some help with it on this site. Thank you

Post subject: Re: New to forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 am 

Do you mean the valves are stuck? You should be able to disassemble the valves. I'm pretty sure the pipes are connected to the tanks with a rubber coupler, meaning you can remove the large hose clamps and remove the whole assembly if need be. That is the way my '83 was built. Removing the tanks cover is a bit of a pain though. My grey tank cracked after running over a deer. I ended up replacing it with a 40 gallon tank, which was a considerable improvement over the original 27 gallon grey tank.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:23 am 

Yep both gates are stuck. One open one closed. I crawled underneath a couple of days ago to just research took pics. They are attached as you said but it appeared that the gray water tank was metal? Couldn’t get a good look at it and I got the crazy flu and have been in bed and haven’t been able to crawl back under. I have never owned an RV before and am learning a great deal already.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm 

Hopefully a flatnose owner will chime in on your other post. As far as the flu, drink some Ginger-Perpermint tea. That stuff does great on the flu bug.
From what I know, John Hall, the guy who started Revcon when he worked for His father-in-law at Airstream, one of the things that he did was supply Airstream with aluminum tanks. Since Revcon was still in its infancy, it would be no surprise to find some left over designs used form his Airstream days, as well as miss-matched material between the two tanks. Later on, the tanks were all ABS, but it is hard to tell for those early years.

The Flying Fortress
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD
502 w/Howell/GM 16197427 ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows,
4L85E 4 speed, KoniFSD,
Yes it is SOLD

FMCA F298817

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 am 

Thank you. That was great info. I have been studying Airsteams from that year also. They area very similar and there is a lot of information about them. I’m planning on getting under there tomorrow morning and pulling out the old valves. I’m going to get more access by removing a piece of galvanized steel that was used to cover an access area and finding out what type of material my gray water tank is made out of. I’m better with the flu. It did hit this area of Southern California really bad this year. One of my sons just came down with it. I’ll tell him about the tea.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:15 pm 

Did you ever solve your problem and if so, how did you do it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:21 pm 

I completely rebuilt the valving system