Revcon Forums

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum site will be shut down & deleted on 4/1/2024. Thanks for 11 years of support to the Revcon community!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Early REVCON Headers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 pm 

I'm new to vintage RV-ing, jumped into my new passion in May of this year. Hoping for some help...my 72 REVCON 250T lastest tribulation is the exhaust, I took both manifolds off to fix gasket leaks and discovered both manifolds were cracked, no big surprise for motorhome. I couldn't find good manifolds (and I really wanted headers, don't tell my wife), so I bought the Doug Thorleys headers listed for a 73 GMC motorhome, guess what they don't fit. Guess the Tornado frame is different, Left hits Frame just hind wheel and the right hits the upper A-Arm support. I think I can make them work by shimming the motor mounts up 3/4 to 1".
1) any issues with this approach?
2) do you make a header that fits a 72 Revcon? Or can someone point me to someone one who does?

Thanks
Ken
Southern MD (thats as far from DC as we can get without swimming)

Post subject: Re: Early REVCON Headers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:41 pm 

Wish I had the expertise to answer the question. Correction: The frame was a Revcon original, John Hall was the force behind the concept, not sure who actually designed the ladder frame.

I'd call the Doug Thorleys headers folks & see if they could suggest an option or work-around.

Otherwise, I would find a muffler shop and see if they could perform a work-around by rebending/refabricating so it would work.

454 Quadrajet Dexter Rear Axles Stock Drivetrain
16.5 950x16 x 6
Soon to be 225-75R16 on GMC 8 Lug Wheels